The 22nd USASA Detachment was billeted and worked at the Berlin Rudow Site from 1956 through 1957. In September of 1957 the unit was consolidated into the newly formed 280th ASA Company. The 22nd ASA Detachment consisted of 45 individuals, some of whom migrated to the 280th at Andrews Barracks with the remainder moving to other assignments.

With the discovery of the Berlin Tunnel, personel associated with the project were transferred to other duties. This unit was charged with the removing Top secret equipment used in Operation Gold.
 
 
 
Rudow Site
 
 

Note: Governmental emblems shown does not emply endorsement of material shown on this site.

 
ZA 010 000 000